Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Words Cannot Describe

I've been thinking about this a lot.
There is NO way to describe God. The way He has saved me, healed me, loved me, repaired me. All the time, I am thinking to myself, "WOW. God, you are SO good." But the word "good" does not even begin to describe it. I move onto words like, "incredible, amazing, beyond understanding" and they still are not enough. Even if someone were to use the most extravagant words, they would not be able to describe God.
Usually, I am a very describing person. I like to see things, and know how they are. I use my words to describe something, and make it alive for someone. I use my camera so that someone can be there in the moment, and know the feelings I and other people were feeling. But with God, I am not able to do so.
And guess what? I'm okay with that. Anything else, it would drive me nuts. But with this, it's so different. I can learn so many new things about Him, I can use all the greatest most beautiful words that I know and even don't know, and yet, He does not compare to that.
Think about that.
God does not compare to the greatest words we can say.
God does not compare to the greatest feelings we feel.
WOW. This woos me to my face, you guys. I've felt some pretty extreme feelings, and God does not compare to that.
I've tried, to come up with words that could describe it, photos that could make you see. But the thing is, I'm putting Him down by using these words.
WHAT?!
I have ceased to believe that words cannot describe. As a human being, I am physically unable to know the extent of who God is. I am limited to these tiny feelings that I feel here on Earth. And I am stupid to the ways of God, and the extent of Him.
les mots ne peuvent pas décrire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment