Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

His Will, His Plan

Photobucket
Ridiculous amounts of things are piling on top of each other, and I'm being crushed between these weights, and it's hard to breah.
I am okay with this.

Everything about my life was about running away. I've never been able to face things. If you haven't noticed, I avoid games at all costs, because I only remember ending up fighting while playing games with the family. I don't like small devotion groups, because our family fought with each other through each question and each page. I avoid certain music, certain people, certain places. Why?
Because I am too afraid to face the pain of healing. The thing is, that pain is so much smaller than the pain of running away.
When Taylor left, I wanted to cut off everything. I wanted to continue my time with people for as long as I could, because I knew as soon as I was alone, I would break. My first reaction would have been to avoid the hurt, and not figure out where it was coming from.
When Alyssa got married, I told Chris, "Things will be better when her stuff is all moved out, so then I don't have to think about it." I wasn't going to approach anyone with the hurt that I felt for her not wanting me to be there. I was planning on holding it over her head, because I was scared.
When things came up with someone, my first reaction was to panic, and run away. (This is becoming a pattern...) I didn't want to face the hurt I was about to endure, and inflict. I knew it would hurt both of us, but in order for us to grow, I needed to make sure things were over.
I have yet to do this, because I am continually running away.
When Taylor left, instead of running away, I sought God. God spoke to me, and showed me things were okay. Because although I miss him, Taylor was not leaving me. He was pursuing a path of righteousness, and doing exactly what God wants him to do.
When Alyssa got married, instead of running away, I was honest with my feelings. I allowed myself to break down. (When I went to brush my teeth the first morning, and I saw her toothbrush was gone, I BROKE.) I was honest with my feelings, and was freed. She explained her side, and I saw it in a different way, so as not to be upset about it. Instead of holding it over her head, she'll see in her own time, and I will continue to LOVE HER with all I am. Because she's my sister, and that's how it is supposed to be.
With the other situation, I'm still working on it. I think God has piled all of this onto me, because He knows I run away. He knows the hiding place I run to. And instead of waiting for me to see him, He finds me in that place, and pulls me out of it. Eventually, I will be able to face things head on, without fear. But right now, I'm still learning, God is still breaking me.
All I know is, I'm following His will and His plan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment