Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Love


One of my biggest strengths...and weaknesses...is compassion.

I am one of those people that has to fix everything for everyone.

My problem-letting God have control.

Last night, as I was writing, I began to list names. People that just came into my mind. I then went back and wrote down everything I thought of when I thought of them. Questions for them, questions for me, questions for God. Things I should say to them, things I won't say to them. Everything. And the question came up-

How do I love others, without hurting myself?

I'm scared. To really love. I love everyone, and allow everyone to impact my life, whether it be good or bad. But there really is no in-between. I try to love each and every person. But that's what has gotten me hurt time and time again.

The Bible says love your neighbor as yourself (Leviticus 19:18, Mark 12:13), the greatest of faith, hope, and love, is love (1Corinathians 13:13), and everyone who loves has been born of God (1 John 10:10). I am supposed to love. God has commanded me to love. So how am I able to love, when I am so hurt from love?

I just began to write what was in my head. This is what came out:

"Why is it so scary for me to love? Is it because of the hundreds of times I have been broken by love? The Bible also says to not forgive seven times, but seventy-seven times. So, although I have been hurt, I should be able to continue to love. The questions I originally had comes back.

How am I able to love without hurting myself?

The answer is this: Just love. God tells us to love-many times over. If I love in a Godly way, in a Godly manner, things will work out. I am bound to get hurt. This world is FILLED with pain. But God says that each time we are persecuted for him, our reward in heaven is getting larger (Matthew 5:11-12). He wants us to hurt for him-because that is the least we can do.

So, if I love as God has commanded me to- in the limits of His limits, I will be okay. Wounds will be healed eventually, even if a scar remains."

God has a plan. I am beginning to make his plan, my plan.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't ever think of compassion as a weakness, it's one of your greatest strengths when you understand what it does for you and those you show compassion for.

Post a Comment