Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

God is a Romantic?!

I feel like my eyes have been opened up. Like something new and something brilliant is going to happen, inside of me.
Last night Chris offered that I use his MarkII for shooting Alyssa and Chad's wedding. I literally started crying. Why? Because that was an ENORMOUS weight lifted off my chest. I didn't even realize how stressed I was about it, and yet, as soon as he said it, I freaked out. No one does that! What an incredible kid, right?

This just goes to show me that God always has plans for me. As soon as I start to get cold feet, God whispers to me (or, in this case, SHOUTS to me...), "I have it under control. Don't doubt me." And as soon as I give him the chance, he's right there with something new for me.
A year ago, I never would have thought I would be setting up my own website/blog, and shooting my sister's wedding. There is no way. But as soon as I allowed him to, God took over, and gave me chance after chance after chance to do great things.
How did I possibly ever get cold feet?

God is a romantic. Currently, he has me wooed onto my knees. He knows exaclty how to get me, and continues to do it, over and over again. I am on my knees with God right now. I am so beyond humbled because of the opportunities he has given me. Yesterday, I was in between a rock and a hard place. God used something as simple as letting me borrow a camera, to open all new possibilities for me and him. He simply tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Guess what? I make make things happen for those who trust me. Don't forget that."

Today we're going to the library. I can't wait to sit in my thoughts with God in a quiet place. Read words of amazing people, and just spend time with Him. Is it weird that I find a closeness to God in places like a library?

God, thanks for all you do. I love you.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." -Romans 8:28

0 comments:

Post a Comment