Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Christmas Eve.


There is snow blowing EVERYWHERE, cookies are made, pies are being baked, Mom's cleaning, and the Christmas music is playing. Chris came over last night and gave us our gifts (I cried). My fingers are frozen, and my slippers are keeping my toes warm. I can't help but think about how incredible God is.
This year, things are not as I would have expected. I would have never thought our family would be CELEBRATING Christmas. I would have never thought that I would be in the place that I am at right now.
I am so happy I am able to worship God. Going places, and seeing things, I see how I used to be. Ignoring the fact that this is all about Christ's birth. This is all about remembering everything that He did for us, remembering the way that He became fully HUMAN for people as sinnful as us. I see the way that families celebrate, and make it all about the toys and things that you get. But guess what? This holiday is celebrated so that we can remember God and REJOICE. Yes, it's about giving. But that's not the core of it.
I see the way that teenage girls worship bands. Going to concerts, I see the way that a lot of teenage girls would take off their clothes for a "band boy". It disgusts me, that that is normal these days. I don't think I will be able to go to a concert that is not a Christian band anymore. It makes me uncomfortable, being in the place of a "fan girl". It makes me uncomfortable, raising my hands to these bands. I can't bring myself to do it, because I'm worshipping someone that is not God.
I just....I don't really know what I'm trying to say. This world has gotten so out of hand, and I would really like to do everything to fix it, but I know that God is the only one who can.
It's Christmas Eve. Don't forget to remember Christ this holiday, because that really is what it's all about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment