Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Leaky Faucet

I love the sound of a dripping faucet.
drip. drip. drip. drip.
Over and over and over again in my head.
Nothing new, just the same, repeated drip of a faucet.
Every once in a while, you get the off-beat drip. One faster, one slower. But basically, it's the same routine.
drip. drip. drip. drip.
This got my mind thinking.
I don't know where, but it got to thinking.
That continual drip, that continual drop, becomes a fact of life.
Even the most annoying things, can become something you are accustomed to. Something that is normal, something that is just going to be there no matter what.
Is that acceptable?
Is that okay?
To assume that something poking you in the side is okay, because you "just can't get it out".

To most people, they hate the dripping of a faucet.
In my home, it has become something that is normal and accepted.
So I've learned to love it.
Such as pain, such as hurt, such as wounds.
They're all something I'm accustomed to, and okay with.

Unhealthy.
That's the only word that comes to mind.

It is absolutely unacceptable to assume that the worst is all you deserve, simply because you can get no better.
Because the fact of the matter is-God has a big beautiful plan for each and every one of us if we let it happen. If we follow His will, He will make the pain and hurt go away.
God can fix that leaky faucet, and you'll no longer have to simply accept it.
Because that itself is unacceptable.
God is so much bigger than that. And He's blessed me in so many ways that I cannot be thankful enough for.

So, I just might fix that leaky faucet in my heart tonight.
Or rather-allow God to take over, because I can't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment