Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm not doing very well on this whole blogging thing, am I?
I have a lot of things on my mind, so I'm just going to go for it to get them out of my head before I can sleep. They're not bad things, but simply things that I will continue thinking "I should have blogged/written about (insert topic)" so much so that I can't sleep.


To begin, an "outfit post". I know you might not like me for this, because it's a mirror picture I took before I went out. I could say something like, "I didn't have time" or whatever. But the truth is I was a little embarrassed. It's hard to get back in the self-portrait game. Especially when this time it's all about what I'm looking like.
coat-thrifted, sweater- sister's closet, shirt- Charlotte Russe (I think...), pants- sister's closet, shoes- Goodwill

I also got a haircut with Christopher at Floyd's the other day. If you live anywhere near a Floyd's, go. It's such a fun experience. Especially when a haircut is made into a date night!!

School has four days left. It'll be nice to say I have a year of college under my belt at sixteen, but at the same time, has it done anything for me except make me tired and cranky? I'm not sure what it is I'm expected to learn, but I'm still waiting around for it with open arms. Maybe it is simply to learn about the human lives around me, and the insanity some of them have instilled in their brains as truth. Who knows.

Christopher made our first reservation for A Really Big Adventure tonight. I almost cried. When all this began, it was just a silly idea I would do "someday". But it is here and now and beyond real. I am so excited for all the things to come.

Speaking of our adventure, we're going to California. And before I go, these swimsuits are calling my name a little.
(click photos for link)


Anyone know of any place to find really great vintage style swimsuits? I want something super cute, and a little more modest than what you can find in a lot of store these days! :)

On a whole 'nother note, Chris showed me this series that is inspiring me in so many ways.

I've been thinking about all the things we overlook, and the things we once called "special" that turn into norms. I remember the first time I took pictures, and the thrill it gave me to take one that I thought was just really good. I remember how excited and passionate I was to be taking these pictures! But now- I often look over it, and don't think twice. It's habit and routine. It's such a wake-up call to be seeing that something that is so close to my heart and being becoming something so mundane and routine. I'm going to be doing this for the rest of my life.
So, it's my goal to go back to the beginning. Remember where I was. How excited and open I was to learn and try new things. I want to open up, and try new things with new people. I want to strip down my life to the basics. 
The series above reminded me of the simple joys and beauty in life. Calling to my inner hippy again. I want peace and joy, not this continual strife to get through "another damn day". Life needs a bit of waking up, I'd say. Life needs a little bit of living. I want to be a person that encourages that, and lives it out herself. I encourage you all to remember the beginning and start of something that you love and adored, and has now become simple and mundane. 
Passion, is what it is. I'm pushing myself to just take some time to live and breath it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment