Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Great Many Things

I was reading a blog that quoted Little Women.

Jo March: I find it poor logic to say that because women are good, women should vote. Men do not vote because they are good; they vote because they are male, and women should vote, not because we are angels and men are animals, but because we are human beings and citizens of this country.
Mr. Mayer: You should have been a lawyer, Miss March.
Jo March: I should have been a great many things, Mr. Mayer.



I should have been a great many things.


I work at Starbucks. Yet I am also a photographer. I am a person of habit. Yet I am also a person of adventure. I am a person of security. Yet I am also a person who loves stepping out of her comfort zone. I am productive yet lazy, I am loud yet shy.


I am a great many things.


I have spent a lot of time, in this past year and more trying to be one thing. 
The girl that is quiet and reserved, laughs loud, wears hippy clothes from goodwill, and reads a lot. I have taken a lot of time to have the "role" and "look" of a photographer.
But that's not who I am.


I am a great many things. 
And I do not want to be anything less.








That being said, I want to act on every. single. one. of. my. passions.
If you know me deep, you know that I could spend hours on end browsing fashion blogs, "window shopping" online, and much more.
I. Like. Fashion.


This blog is going to get a little remix. Kind of in a huge way, but at the same time not really. My words will still be much the same. They will simply be more frequent.
I am going to start posting fashion things. Things that I wear, things that I find and adore of other people wearing, inspiration lists, and wanted lists. 
I am going to post photography inspiration. I want to take photos more, and act on and share the photos that inspire me. 
I want to be a blogger.
My blog will be a reflection of the great many things that I am.
Fashion. Photography. Words. Inspiration. Everything.


I don't really know where I'm going to go with it, or how it will end up, or what it will look like, but it's going to be something very different for me. I want to open up and let a light shine on all of the great many things that I am.


I am a great many things.
Get ready to know them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment