Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Impact


I am learning that I have impact.
I am learning that I am more than this seemingly wretched human form I am trapped in.
I am learning that the small things matter.
I am learning that I love the simple.
My heart breaks for those who are breaking, and never once have I stopped to show them that they are not alone.
My heart loves for those who are unloved, and yet my life does not reflect that a single bit.
My heart reaches out to those who are suffering, and never once have I told them about the hope that they can have.

Who am I to take on the role of Christ?
No matter how I try, I cannot save those who need saving. I cannot love unconditionally. My heart cannot hold the lives of everyone I come in contact with.

But what can I do?
I can share. I can share Him. I can share Him through the way that I do love, the way that I show some they are not alone, the way that I live my daily life.

I have impact. The small and simple mean something. Always.
I am making life changes. Not because the new year is coming, not because of some epiphany, not because I am dying and need a change. But simply, because Christ is calling me to be more than I am now.
I have impact.
We all have impact. 
It's time we lived like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment